Friday, June 11, 2010

End of the School Year

Last Thursday was the final week of school. It was really sad for me. It's making me realize how little time I have left down here. I also know how much I'm going to miss the kids and I'm realizing how much of an impact they have made on me.

Here's a picture of the last day of school, which also happened to be 5th grade graduation.



Eccence, Me, Natayshia, Shaumarie


Now that it's summer I am still working at the school. Except now I am answering phones in the front office. I miss the kids a lot! My job is not as much fun. I need to be challenged to be happy and excited for work and I don't have that right now. It's only temporary though. I also picked up a babysitting job for every Monday and Wednesday night for this adorable 2 year old girl. So I have been keeping busy.

I may have outdid myself with how stingy I made this months grocery shopping. I have Fridays off now so I had the time to go to a bunch of different grocery stores to do my shopping. Luckily, most of the grocery stores are really close to it's not a huge deal.

First I went to Bi-lo. I had to get olive oil because I am a HUGE spaz and dropped an entire new bottle on the floor the other day. Gahh
But it was originally $9.96, it was on sale for 3 dollars off, then I had a dollar off coupon, so I ended up paying 5.49 for a huge thing of olive oil.
Then apples were by one get one free so I got two bags for $4.00
I also got cottage cheese, on sale for $2.00

Total -$11.47

Then I went to the bread outlet and got my english muffins for $1.80

Then I went to Publix where I just got
Ego Waffles - 2.99

I had a target coupon and Publix will take competitors coupon so I only paid $1.99

Total - $1.99

After that, I went to Food Loin
Lean Cuisines were on sale for $1.99. I got 4 of them and used a coupon I had for $1.00 off - $7.00
Then I got Kraft 100 calorie cheese cubes. They were on sale for 2.79 and used a coupon for a dollar off- $1.79
Then I got a skinny cow ice cream cup- They were 1.25 and I had a dollar off coupon.. so I got it for 25 cents

The total was $9.00


So I think I did pretty good. I also cooked some pulled chicken in the crock pot today. The recipe for that is-


1 cup canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. garlic powder
red pepper flakes

mixed the above in the crock pot. Then I halved four pieced of raw chicken (that I had bought a couple of months ago on sale...) and coated them in the sauce. Put it in the crock pot for 7 hours, shredded the chicken with a fork, then put back in the sauce.

It's sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment